5 easy printer maintenance tips!
Here are some maintenance tips that can help you save money and extend the life of your printer and printing supplies:
1. Unplug the printer before doing any maintenance on your printer.
2. Shake the toner/ink. Even when your printer shows the message 'replace toner' you can get quiet a few more pages printed. Be careful though to shake it gently and place an old, used paper underneath to catch any toner that might spill out.
3. Print a blank page. This will pick up lint, dust and stray toner when running a clean page through your printer.
4. Cover your printer up and switched off when not in use. This will ensure it will not collect dust etc and be kept nice and clean. Printer don’t switch themselves off automatically, which in turn could shorten its life span.
5. Clean your printer regularly on the outside and inside. Only clean the outside with a damp, lint-free cloth. Clean the inside gears and rollers along the paper path.